Friday, August 13, 2010

Reflections

I was hoping to think of some really creative title for today's post, but so far that hasn't happened.  If it were Monday, I might call it "Monday Musings", or on a Tuesday, it could be "Tuesday's Thoughts", or something like that.  But so far, I'm at a loss to find anything that works for Friday.

Today is my birthday.  It's one of those significant ones with a zero in it.  So I find myself looking back on previous birthdays, previous years, all the blessings I've enjoyed in my life so far......all that my Jehovah-Jireh has provided for me.  (This really is going to tie in to our topic......it's not just a post about me!!!)  While I'm also looking forward to what is in store for my remaining years in this life, today is more about reflecting back.  It might not be your birthday today, but you might want to join me in this challenge.......let's think today about all the blessings our Jehovah-Jireh has provided for us.  It might be a good time to dust off that journal and make a list.

I'm thankful today for so many things......for my salvation and the certainty of an eternity in Heaven with my Savior; I'm thankful for my husband.....for our love for the Lord and for each other, for the wonderful relationship we share......for our sons, the ones doctors said we would never have.....for our grandsons and the joy they are!  I had no idea I would love being a grandmother so much!!  I'm so thankful for my parents.....what a blessing they were and how I miss them!!

I could go on and on and on.......and I will, in my journal and in my prayers, as the day progresses.  My goal here is not for you to read my list of blessings, but for you to make your own list.......for you to give some time today to reflecting on how much Jehovah-Jireh has provided for you.

I'm blessed that you have taken time to read this post.  I pray it will be a blessing to you as well, as we continue to journey together toward getting to know our God better.  Thank you for journeying with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment