Monday, August 9, 2010

Random Reflections on a Monday Morning

"Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name."  This verse has been resonating with me since it first came to my mind this morning as Molly (the dog) and I were taking our morning walk.  As I was enjoying the cool mountain morning, the beautiful view before me, the birds and butterflies, I could not help but feel so blessed.

The last few days have been challenging ones for me.  I'm back at home after a little more than two weeks away.....wonderful weeks in Florida with family and friends.  But the long drive back home in 100+ degree heat after spending much of my previous weeks looking after a 3 year old (a precious child, yet very energetic....and not exactly what I'm used to on a daily basis!!) coupled with a flare up of my arthritis have made these days particularly trying.  Yet in spite of that......Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I had a wonderful opportunity over the last few weeks to reconnect with family and friends, many of whom I had not seen for quite some time.  Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I'm back at home safely.....quite an accomplishment considering how many miles I have driven and the number of really bad drivers on the road!  Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I'm making preparations now for a Bible study here in my home which will begin in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to getting back to our study of the names of God here on this blog.  I'm about halfway through a challenge to read the Bible through in 90 days.  Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I'm looking forward to seeing our younger son and his family this weekend, and to spending some time with them next week before AJ's school starts.  Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I'm excited to hear of so many who are joining in prayer for our nation.....who are part of the 140 days of prayer challenge.....and I'm looking forward to how God will answer our prayers.  Bless the LORD, O my soul!

I'm challenged today to try to get my "routines" back.  Being away from home for such an extended period means lots of "stuff" needs catching up.  I'm having some trouble prioritizing all the tasks.  Even so.....Bless the LORD, O my soul!

If you have followed this blog and been part of our study of the names of God, you will recall that LORD is the transliteration of the name "Jehovah", the name that speaks to God's nature, His essence.  It is the name that shows us that God is self-existent, that He has no beginning or end.  It is the name that shows us that He is the eternal I AM, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the same yesterday, today and forever.  All of life is contained in Him.  He is all we need.  Bless the LORD!  Bless Jehovah, O my soul!

Tomorrow we will continue our journey and will begin looking at the "compound names" of God, the names used in combination with Jehovah which will reveal different aspects of His character and His ways.  Tomorrow's name is Jehovah-Jireh, the LORD will provide.  Reflect on that truth today.  And bless the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment