Friday, February 20, 2009

Jean

My good friend Jean had some serious back surgery yesterday.....more than 9 hours in surgery. I wish I could have been there. Not that I could have done anything other than just "be there" and pray.......the praying part I was doing from this distance. But the "being there" just wasn't possible.

Brings to mind all the times she was "there" for me.....going with me to a CAT scan knowing how nervous I was about it, bringing me food when I had the flu and my husband was out of town, at the weddings of both my sons, all the special times we've shared......like when I kept crashing my wheel chair into the walls of her house when I visited during the "broken ankle" season. We've shared some really good times, and have hugged and cried together during some less good times. How thankful I am that God brought these two southern girls together in Minnesota more than 10 years ago!!

So, Jean, you are in my thoughts and my prayers today, as you so often are. Thank you - and thank God! - for the blessing you are to me. I'm looking forward to telling you this in person and hugging you again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment