Monday, February 16, 2009

I Don't Get It!

I haven't written anything in a couple of weeks. I've been busy......visiting my son and his family, playing with my grandson, catching up with old friends. What a great couple of weeks!


It seems the Congress has been busy for the last couple of weeks, too......mortgaging the future of my children and my grandchildren! This did not start out to be a political blog, but as events of the last few weeks/months have unfolded, I am outraged! I make no claim to be an economic expert, but it seems to me that the way to stimulate an economy that is in the tank is to increase consumer confidence and therefore to increase consumer spending. I haven't heard anything in this so-called stimulus bill that accomplishes those goals. I'm hearing a lot about government spending.....spending money it doesn't have, by the way! And how can these Congressmen be so certain that this bill is the solution to our economic woes, when they haven't even read the bill they voted on??!!! I don't get it!

What happened to the new era of hope and change, the bipartisanship we were promised? Seems to me it's just more of the same old same old, politics as usual. Has anybody really stopped to consider what all this will actually cost us, and our children, and their children?

I heard Gov. Mike Huckabee describe this stimulus bill as the Congressional Relief Action Program. Check those initials and you'll have a good idea what he thinks of the bill......and I agree with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment