Monday, February 23, 2009

Completely Random

Over on Facebook there are always quizzes and questionnaires asking you to list 3 or 4 or 25 random things about yourself. Sometimes you are required to give one word answers to random questions about yourself, which is actually much more difficult than it sounds. Since I'm in a "random" kind of mood today, this post will be completely random things about me.......in other words, whatever pops in my head as I'm trying to get myself going today. Some days that's harder than others, which brings me to my first random thought.

Cold weather and arthritis are NOT friends! The extreme cold on this mountaintop and my constant companion (arthritis) are making this a difficult morning for me.


More random thoughts......

My friend Joy and I both had broken ankles at the same time (my left, her right). If we only wore the same size shoes, we could have bought some really cute ones and shared the cost!


Three of my very best friends are named "Jean"!


I would really love to live closer to my children and my grandchildren. Not necessarily in the same city, although that would be wonderful, but not so far from each other as we are now.......4 hours drive from one son, 12 hours drive from the other. Wonder if that will ever happen??? Probably not.


The house we now live in is our 18th address......19th if you count the month we lived in a Residence Inn when we first moved to Minnesota. People often ask if we plan for this to be our last address and live here the rest of our days. For obvious reasons, I refuse to answer that question other than to say "who knows?" Well, as my father-in-law would say, God knows!


My absolute favorite meal (I told you this would be random!) is a perfectly cooked steak - preferably New York Strip or Filet Mignon -with a baked potato. Perfectly cooked means somewhere between medium rare and medium. With creme brulee for dessert. YUM! Too bad that's not on the menu today. Today's menu is more likely chicken quesadillas made with leftover chicken and reduced fat cheese!


The first time I played piano in church was for GA Focus Week when I was about 10 years old. I was so nervous that my legs were shaking so much that I couldn't even use the pedals!


We spent several days in Scotland (the land of my ancestors) in 2001, and in Switzerland (the land of my husband's ancestors) in 2003. I would love to visit both countries again and spend more time there. I would also love to visit Ireland. Not likely to happen any time soon, if ever, but it's on my travel wish list! I love to travel, to visit new places, try new foods. Maybe that's why Amazing Race is one of my favorite shows!


Enough randomness for today.......the dryer is buzzing. Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment