Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Chronic

Like millions of other people, I have some chronic health issues, including rheumatoid arthritis. But that's not what I want to be known for. I don't want to be defined by my health issues. When people think of me, I don't want to be thought of as that woman with chronic health issues.

When people think of me, I want to be known for something else entirely. 

Chronic is defined as constant, habitual, recurring, continuing a long time. When that term is applied, this is how I want it to relate to me:

I want to be known for chronic joy.

For chronic gratitude.

For chronic compassion.

For chronic grace.

I want my life [constantly, habitually, recurring, continuing for a long time] to be a reflection of the One who loved me enough to die for me.

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  My soul will make its boast in the LORD......O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together."  (Psalm 34:1-3 NASB)





No comments:

Post a Comment