Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday Morning Ramblings

We came down to Florida on Saturday for a few days. I was looking forward to warmer weather. Saturday night when we arrived we were still wearing our coats. Not what I expected.


Yesterday the weather forecast called for sunny skies and 80 degrees. That sounded wonderful. But, it poured rain all day! What's up with that? Today I think I won't bother with the weather forecast; I'll just look out the window and see what I see.


We spent most of yesterday with Brian, Emily, and Christopher. Since it was raining, we hung out in our hotel room. We went out for lunch and supper, but otherwise stayed in the hotel. Even so, it brought great joy to this mother's heart. It's not so much about where you go. It's more about who you are with.


We ventured out to a local Walmart last night to pick up a few things. Since I had heard there was a big football game last night, I had the misguided impression the store would not be too crowded. Was I ever mistaken! The place was a zoo! (Very similar to the Sweet Tomatoes restaurant where we ate when we arrived here on Saturday night.) Apparently, every nation on earth has sent representatives to Disney World this week, and they all gathered together in that same Walmart last night! I wonder if this was what the Tower of Babel sounded like after the languages were confused! I only heard two other people speaking English! Needless to say, I was very thankful when we had paid for our purchases and were back in the car. That much chaos is more than I can handle!


Speaking of that big game yesterday, I didn't watch. I wasn't even sure who was playing until yesterday. I used to love football. When it was about football. But when the NFL chose to make it more about political statements, I wrote them off. But this morning I did learn the outcome of the came, and I confess, that made me happy. I was never a Patriots fan, even when I watched football, and even when I lived in New England. So, something good has come out of it. At least for me. I know that my Patriots friends are not nearly so happy this morning.


I was looking forward to spending a quiet day today, reading and relaxing while Al is working. However, a family with very energetic children moved in last night. My hope is that the parks will open soon and they will head out to spend the day with the Mouse. In the meantime, I realize that the walls in this hotel are not nearly as thick or soundproof as I would like them to be.


That's what's going on in my world. Some good. Some not so great. But isn't that pretty much true of nearly every day. In the middle of the realities of life, there is always something to be thankful for.


"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment