Thursday, February 15, 2018

Frustrating Days. We All Have Them.

There are days when I think I should wear a sign around my neck that says "Please be patient with me. I'm really not stupid. I had a stroke."


I have had several such days this week. Days when I looked at the letter T and called it a D. Days when I looked at brown and called it blue. Days when I couldn't spell the simplest word. When I can't remember how to write the letter F without looking at my cheat sheet. And on and on it goes. This is my life after stroke. Every day isn't like that, but some days are. And some days are worse than others. It is all extremely frustrating.


Yet even as I complain about the frustrations, I feel guilty, because I do know how very fortunate I am to be a stroke survivor. I know how far I have come. I know how blessed I am.


Because of that, on these oh-so-frustrating days, I take a step back and refocus. Turn my attention away from the frustrations and toward the One who has blessed me far beyond what I deserve. When I stop focusing on ME and what I CAN'T do, and turn my focus toward HIM and what I CAN do through Him and by His grace, those ever-so-frustrating days are no longer such a big deal.


I suspect that you have your own set of frustrations to deal with. Different frustrations. Different circumstances. But they can be dealt with in the same way.


No matter what your particular frustrations are. No matter the circumstances of your life. No matter what......Jesus is still the answer. No matter what the question is. Jesus is the answer. Not only does He have the answer, He IS the answer.


How well we are able to deal with the frustrations of life is all about where we choose to put our focus.


Something to think about.


"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment