Monday, January 1, 2018

A Prayer for the New Year

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2018!  Do you remember when that sounded so strange? When any year beginning with 20.. sounded odd? Yet here we are, already to 2018!

When I began blogging on New Year's Eve 2008, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. In the beginning, in many ways, it was a lot like talking to myself, or perhaps talking to an imaginary friend across the table! Along the way it has become a vehicle for me to share what God is teaching me. Through everyday life experiences. Through what I read, whether in Scripture or elsewhere. It has become a place to sit and think, to reflect on life lessons. And a place to share these life experiences and life lessons with others. Along the way, I've tried to share honestly from my heart, and it has been my hope that in some small way, the words I write will be an encouragement to someone somewhere.

When I began, I had no idea that I would still be writing when 2018 rolled around. Or that I would publish two books. Or that other books would be in the works. (After this last year, I'm really amazed by that!)


I had no idea back in 2008 how many people would read the words I have written. No idea how hearing from those who read my words would encourage me.

I had no idea. But God did. 

And as this blogging journey continues in to this new year, I have no idea where it will take me. But God does.

"Commit your works to the LORD, and your plans will be established."   
  (Proverbs 16:3 NASB)


As one year ends and another begins, I want to thank you for stopping by. And I want to offer my very best wishes for a Happy New Year, a year of joy and peace and our Father's bountiful blessings!  As we begin this new year, this is my prayer for each of us:


Another year is dawning! Dear Father, let it be,
In working or in waiting, Another year with Thee;
Another year of leaning Upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, Of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of mercies,Of faithfulness and grace;
Another year of gladness In the shining of Thy face;
Another year of progress, Another year of praise;
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of service, Of witness for Thy love;
Another year of training For holier work above.
Another year is dawning! Dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in heaven, Another year for Thee.
 -Frances R. Havergal

No comments:

Post a Comment