Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Book Launch and More. Thankful Tuesday.

 
 

 
 
This past Saturday several friends joined me to celebrate the launch of my newest book, Are You Ready for Christmas? I was thrilled and grateful for those who took time out of their busy schedules to stop by. It was wonderful to see some friends I had not seen in many, many years. Since high school, in fact. Seeing them again was certainly a highlight of the day.
 
 
 
It was a great joy to join with those who came a few minutes early to pray over this book and pray for those who will read it. 
 
 

As friends popped in and out, as I listened to the conversation, as I recalled praying together, I was overwhelmed with gratitude.

I am so grateful for the friends who have graced my life. The friends who came on Saturday. The friends who called and messaged and texted. The friends who wanted to be here but whose schedules just didn't permit it. Truly, friendships are among life's greatest blessings!



I'm grateful that friendship transcends time and place. Among the friends who stopped by on Saturday were people I have known well, but have not seen for many years. Even so, we just picked right up again as though we had seen each other yesterday. Also included in Saturday's group were friends I have known for a much shorter span of time, but with whom I share a very deep connection. I marvel at how wonderfully well God has knit our hearts together.

On Saturday afternoon, after the book party was completed, we met some other friends for lunch. These friends were passing through Spartanburg on their way back to Nashville after spending a couple of weeks at the beach. Nearly twenty years ago God knit our hearts together when these two southern families found themselves transplanted to Minnesota. We bonded over that shared experience, and the friendship grows deeper with the passing years.

All these thoughts about friendship stem from writing a Christmas book and celebrating its publication. Maybe I should be writing a book about friendship!

This morning my heart is overflowing with thanksgiving. I am so grateful for friendship. For friends who stopped by on Saturday to celebrate with me. For all the friends, near and far, who have touched my life.

I am grateful for the gift of language. For words. For written words. Grateful that God has given me the privilege of writing. Humbled and grateful that people actually read words I have written! Grateful for the people that buy my books. So very grateful.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name."
(Psalm 103:1)





Do you have your copy yet? Are You Available for Christmas? is available from Amazon.com (see the link on the sidebar).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment