Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Thankful Tuesday

It's been a while since I devoted a Tuesday post to reasons for being thankful, but this morning my heart is overflowing with thanksgiving, so it seems a good time to revisit this tradition.

Since it's Tuesday, I'll be heading out to physical therapy later this morning.  While I can't say I enjoy therapy, I am thankful for how it has improved my mobility.  And I'm thankful for Caitlin, who may just be the world's best physical therapist!

After a week of playing telephone tag with the surgery scheduler, I finally have a date for my knee replacement.  On March 28 I will get my new knee.  The end is in sight, and I'm thankful for that.  Thankful for my doctor.  Thankful for the day, a few months from now, when I will be walking with no pain.

Last week we enjoyed a week in Florida, and next week we will be on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.  I'm thankful for these opportunities for relaxation.  I'm thankful for the time with family and friends last week, and looking forward to time with friends next week.

As New Hampshire holds its presidential primary today, I'm thankful to live in a country where this is possible.  No matter how this primary turns out, and no matter what the result of November's election may be, I'm thankful for my country and for the freedoms that are ours as Americans.

Today I'm thankful for the privilege of prayer.  And I'm particularly thankful for answered prayer.  I have had the blessing of praying with and for a young woman whose heart's desire is to be a mommy, and I've just found out that she is pregnant. How I rejoice with her and her husband, and with their families, as they await the birth of this child!  This situation is particularly dear to me as I recall my own struggles with infertility, and gives me another reason for thanksgiving as I think not only of this new life, but of the lives of my sons and my grandsons. 

God is so good!  And I am overwhelmed!

"My heart overflows with a good theme."  (Psalm 45:1 NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment