Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thankful Tuesday: Reflections on Re-Entry

Inevitably, after a week of vacation there comes the process of re-entry into normal life.  There's the unpacking and the laundry, catching up with mail and missed phone calls, getting back to regular routines.  It happens every time, whether we are away for a few days or for a week or for longer.  And it seems that, the older I get, the longer the process can take.  Perhaps that's a function of getting older, or of health, or of lack of discipline.  Whatever the reason, I'm still in re-entry mode, trying to get things back in order after a week in the Caribbean.

As I'm doing laundry and putting things away and sorting through mail, I find my mind wandering back to last week.  Remembering.  Reflecting.  And, on this Thankful Tuesday, doing so with great thankfulness in my heart.  Last week was wonderfully relaxing and refreshing.


 
 

We had a great time exploring the islands with friends.



 

 
There was a lot of good food, like this snapper with mango salsa.
 
 
We experienced some of the beauty of God's creation.




 
 

It was a wonderful week.  What could be better than time with friends spent in  such a beautiful part of the world? 

Friendship.  Good food.  Beautiful scenery.  Rest and relaxation.  Just a few of the blessings of last week that I am so thankful for.

You may not have had the opportunity to spend last week in the Caribbean.  You may not have seen the beauty of Grand Cayman or the glory of a sunrise over Jamaica.  You may not have eaten snapper, or any other fish, fresh from the ocean with mango salsa on top.

But no matter where you are or what the experiences of your life last week or this week or today, there is always something to be thankful for.

This morning I'm missing the sun and the ocean breezes.  It's a gray, gloomy, rainy morning here in the Upstate.  Even so, I have much to be thankful for.  I had a good night of rest in my own, very comfortable, bed.  I have a warm, dry house.  I have plenty of coffee.  My sweet husband had the coffee ready for me when I woke up.

There are blessings upon blessings if we will only take time to see them.

Even on a rainy morning, there is always something to be thankful for.

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me."  (Psalm 103:2 NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment