Friday, September 25, 2015

Seasons

We began a new season this week.  I love this time of year!  Fall may be my favorite season.  Cooler temperatures.  Leaves changing colors.  All things pumpkin.  What's not to love?

This week I'm in a different season for another reason as well.  For me this week has been the season of getting back to normal.  While we could certainly debate what normal is, and I agree with whoever first said that normal is a setting on the dryer, this has been a week of trying get back to regular routines. 

After three months on the road, living out of suitcases and sleeping in hotel rooms, this has been a week of adjusting to being at home.  A week of enjoying the blessing of sleeping in my own bed.  It has definitely been a week of doing laundry, which is finally caught up, and of unpacking suitcases, getting things back into their proper places, and of trying to reestablish some sense of normal.

Seasons change on a regular basis; we can look at the calendar and know that.  Summer, winter, spring, and fall are all part of the rhythm of life.

There are other seasons as well.  Seasons of adjustments.  Seasons of getting back to normal.  Seasons of health and seasons of sickness.  Seasons of joy and seasons of grief.  Seasons of youth and of old age.

Seasons change.  But even as they do, how thankful I am that, through every change, our loving Heavenly Father remains the same.

"This I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:  the steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment