Monday, June 29, 2015

Refreshed

Sitting in a beach chair with my toes in the sand.  Listening to the sounds of waves crashing onto the beach.  Hearing the laughter of grandchildren.

Those are just a few of my favorite memories from last week.

Today it's back to reality.  Instead of sand and waves, my day is filled with unpacking and laundry.  This is the worst part of a vacation, in my opinion.

But not even the drudgery of laundry can dim the memories we made.

What a relaxing week it was.  No particular agenda.  No appointments that had to be kept.  No chores to be done.

Just relaxing.  Sitting on the beach with a book.  Or on the porch. Walking on the beach.  Laughing.  Talking.  Making memories together.

What great fun it was!

Even as I'm faced with unpacking and sorting laundry and putting things away, there's a smile on my face. 

Relaxed.  Refreshed.  Renewed.

The location was amazing.  Oceanfront.  Falling asleep each night to the sound of waves crashing onto the beach.  Waking up to see the sun over the water.

But it wasn't just about the location.  It was about the people. 

It was smiles and giggles and belly laughs.  It was conversation.  It was together.  It was family.

Family.  One of life's greatest blessings.

The vacation is over.  But the memories will last a lifetime.

More happy than my heart can hold.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name."                  (Psalm 103:1 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment