Thursday, June 18, 2015

Brokenhearted

I went to bed early last night.  I had no idea what was happening at the other end of my state while I was peacefully sleeping.

This morning I learned of the tragic shooting at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston.  And I wept.

I continue to weep.

For Charleston.

For the Emanuel AME Church.

For the families and friends of those who were killed.

For my state.

For my nation.

My heart breaks for us. 

And so I weep.

And I cry out to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy on us.


"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."  (Psalm 34:18 NASB)

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment