Thursday, May 14, 2015

What a Difference!

Last night I went to bed earlier than I have in a while, and I slept later this morning than I have in a while.  It was wonderful!  All this moving, the packing and the unpacking and all the associated stress, has left me exhausted.  This morning I feel refreshed and ready to take on the day's tasks.  What a difference a good night's sleep makes!

Our bedroom carpets were [finally] installed yesterday.  Maybe that's why I slept so well!  It's a relief to have that behind us.  All that's left is to install carpet on the stairs.  Molly, and I, will be much happier with carpeted stairs.  She has done a bit of slipping and sliding as she has tried to maneuver the stairs.  So far, that hasn't happened to me.  And that's a good thing.  The carpet installation means the last of the "to do" list is done.  New front step, new paint, new appliances, new toilets, new carpet.  It's all done.  What a difference in my attitude now that all that is behind us.

There are still boxes to unpack and dishes to be put away.  There is furniture to properly place and there are pictures to hang.  There is still much to be done.  But these are things that I can control.  These are things that I can decide when or where or if.  No more being stuck waiting for someone else to do what they said they would do.  No more wondering if this installer or that delivery person will actually show up.  And what a difference that makes!

Now the delays are my own, either because I'm tired or because I just decide to take a break.  If all this happens quickly, or if it takes a long time, it's up to me.  I am now in control of my schedule, and that makes a big difference.

Have you noticed how seldom these days people actually do what they say they will do?  Have you noticed how few people are people of their word? 

Aren't you glad God isn't like that?

Aren't you glad that God keeps His Word?  Aren't you glad that God always keeps His promises?  That He always shows up on time!  That He is dependable.  And trustworthy!

Isn't it wonderful to know that He means what He says!

What a difference that makes for daily living!

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever."  (Hebrews 13:8 NASB)


No comments:

Post a Comment