Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thankful!

Yesterday I went back to the mountains.  We had left some frozen food in the refrigerator in Al's parents' vacation house, and the primary purpose of my trip was to get the food. 

It was a beautiful sunny day in the mountains.  Not too hot and not too cool.  Just right.  What a blessing!  I'm so thankful for that.

I made a stop along the way at the Asheville Outlet Mall, which had opened just a couple of days after we moved to South Carolina.  A little retail therapy after these weeks of packing and unpacking, and of being surrounded by boxes, brought a touch of normal to my life.  Thankful.

In addition to retrieving the food, I got a much-needed haircut, manicure, and pedicure, which makes me feel more like myself again.  More "normal" added back into my life.  Thankful.

The rhododendron were blooming, so I was able to enjoy some of that beauty.  Thankful.

Also yesterday, my son and daughter-in-love purchased a new car after many months of being a one-vehicle family.  They had waited and they had prayed, and many of us had prayed with them, for the right vehicle at the right price.  And now God has blessed them with a car that meets their needs, at a price that fits their budget.  Thankful.

This has been a week full of reasons for thanksgiving.  Friends with health issues who are doing well.  An unexpected financial blessing.  Answers to prayers.  Beautiful weather.  Some much-needed rain.  And, on Monday evening, the bonus of a double rainbow! 

My heart overflows.  So thankful!

 
 

"Praise the LORD!  Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting."  (Psalm 106:1 NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment