Friday, May 8, 2015

Full Circle

I was born in Spartanburg, SC, in what was then known as Spartanburg General Hospital.  (It's known as Spartanburg Regional Medical Center these days.)  This photo was taken long before I was born, but the hospital still looked much like this when I came along.


I grew up in Spartanburg County, in a little town called Landrum.  Except for the first two years of my life when we lived in the house next door, I spent my growing up years in a white house on South Lyles Avenue. 

I grew up.  I graduated from high school and then from college. I got married.  We began our married life in a little stone house in "the avenues" of West Columbia, South Carolina.

After our sons were born, we moved to a larger house a few miles away.  We fully expected to live out our lives there in the Midlands of South Carolina.  But God had other plans for us, and in 1988 we left South Carolina and moved to Colorado.  We have moved a number of times since then, and have lived in many other homes.  And now we have moved again.

This move brings me full circle.  Back to Spartanburg.  Back to the city where I began my life journey.

I have loved my life's adventures.  In my wildest dreams, I never imagined I would live in so many places.  That I would have so many opportunities to travel.  That I would meet so many people in so many cities and countries around the world.  It has been an amazing journey!

And now that I've come full circle, back to the place where it all began, I'm looking forward to settling in here and seeing what other adventures God has planned for me!



"Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!" (Psalm 34:8 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment