Friday, February 20, 2015

The Prayer Box

Recently someone mentioned that I might enjoy reading The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate.  I haven't yet read the book, so this is not a review.  But I did look it up on Amazon to see what it was about.

According to Amazon, The Prayer Box is the story of a young mother with two children who has come to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to escape her difficult past. She finds lodging in a guest house where she only gets to know her landlady after the landlady's death.  It is then that the young mother discovers a collection of eighty-one prayer boxes, one for each year of the landlady's life.

I don't know if I will actually get around to reading this book, but I loved the idea of prayer boxes!
 
What a wonderful idea to write down your prayers - and the answers - on pieces of paper and save them in beautifully decorated boxes!  Or shoe boxes. Or even in plain boxes.  What a legacy to leave to those who come after you.
 
I love the idea of journaling prayers.  I've written about this before.  But this idea of prayer boxes fascinates me.  It's too late, of course, to have a box for every year of my life.  It's too late to have a journal for every year as well, since for most of my life I have not been consistent with journaling.
 
But it is never too late to begin a new thing.  And I'm giving serious thought to starting a collection of prayer boxes!
 
What about you?

"Lord, teach us to pray."  (Luke 11:1 NASB)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment