Saturday, February 7, 2015

Do You Have Yours?

There was wonderful response to yesterday's post!  So many of you have contacted me about your prayer journal - or desire to have a prayer journal.  It seems I'm not the only one who has a history of being a sporadic journaler!

After that response, I decided today to go a step further and share the journal I've been using.  This works better for me than anything I've tried in the past.  Certainly this is not the only option, and you might find something you like better, but this is what works for me.

Here are a couple of photos of the journal I have been using:



This journal has enough pages for a couple of months.  There are two pages for each day.  On the left side is a place to record new prayer requests at the top and ongoing requests at the bottom.  The right hand side has a place for answers to prayer and for praises.  There's also a Scripture verse for each day.

This particular prayer journal is not very expensive.  I purchased mine from Amazon, but it's likely available at other places as well.  Or you could just purchase a spiral notebook and design your own layout.

It's not important that you use this particular journal.  It is important that you have some sort of journal.  That you write it down.  (See yesterday's post for more about that.)  It's important for you to see how God is at work in your life and the lives of others.  It's important to pay attention.  It's important to be consistent.

Have you begun your prayer journal?  If not, why not begin today?

"The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning.  Great is Your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment