Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Taking a Break

Yesterday I cleaned out the pantry.  Finally.  It had been much too long since I had done that.  So, yesterday I finally did it.

No more I really need to clean out the pantry.  Or One of these days I'm going to clean out the pantry. Or Maybe tomorrow I'll clean out the pantry.

Yesterday I quit talking about it and actually did it.

Everything out.  Shelves cleaned.  And a lot less stuff went back in than had come out!

No more out of date stuff on my pantry shelves.  No more clutter. 

And the discoveries.  I actually have four jars of pimentos.  Who knew?

As I was cleaning and decluttering, and discovering all sorts of things I didn't know I had, it occurred to me that my pantry is a lot like life.  Yours and mine.

We may look good on the outside.  My pantry had looked fine as long as the doors were closed!

But on the inside there's a lot of stuff.  Unnecessary stuff.  Stuff that needs to be thrown away.  Maybe even some spoiled stuff.

I probably need to clean out the pantry more often than I do.  Maybe you could say the same.

And I probably need to do some personal "cleaning" as well.  Some soul-searching.  Some decluttering of my thoughts.  I need to take some time to examine what needs to stay and what needs to go.  Not just in the pantry, but in my life.  Perhaps that's also true for you.

From time to time we all need to take some time to think about what needs to stay and what needs to go. To examine how we spend our time.  To consider if we're investing our lives in the way and in the places that God has in mind for us.  I know I need that.  Perhaps you do too.

Because I need that, I have decided to take a blogging break.  Some time to refocus.  To be still.  To declutter and reorder my life.  To listen.

I'm taking a break.  But before I go, to those of you who have visited me here regularly and who have encouraged me in this blogging journey, I say a heartfelt thank you

"I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower; and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me."  (Habakkuk 2:1 NASB)

2 comments:

  1. I understand the need for a break, but don't stay gone long, my sweet friend! You inspire me with your words of wisdom and you are mentoring me from afar. Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit, acting on what He asks of you, and encouraging us to do the same.

    ReplyDelete