Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Morning Musings

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!"  (Psalm 103:1 ESV)

That verse has been resonating through my heart and mind since I woke up to this view this morning:



For that view this morning.  And for the privilege of waking up to a variation of that view every day.......bless the LORD, O my soul.

In spite of those glorious views, we're still trying to sell our house.  There are a number of reasons for that, which I won't enumerate here.  Yet even though we have the desire to relocate, we're still waiting for a buyer, with no real prospects on the horizon.  Even so.......bless the LORD, O my soul.

We had a wonderful day yesterday.  A precious time of fellowship and Bible study with our Life Group.  A wonderful worship service.  Exceptionally good music.  A challenging message.  It was a glorious day.  Bless the LORD, O my soul.

There was a men's lunch after services yesterday, which meant I got to have lunch with a dear friend.  Good food.  Laughter.  Good times.  Bless the LORD, O my soul.

Sundays are typically long days for us.  We get up very early and drive a long distance to our church, stopping along the way for pancakes at Cracker Barrel.  Toni is the waitress who always takes care of us there.  Yesterday she was having a rough morning, but we were able to chat with her and cheer her up a bit.  A good way to start our day.  Bless the LORD, O my soul.

Yesterday was longer than most Sundays.  There was a Life Group Leadership Summit last evening, which meant our day in Spartanburg was longer than normal and we were much later than normal getting home.  It was a good day, but a really long day, and we were weary when we arrived home.  That weariness has carried over to this morning, in spite of a good night's sleep.  Even so......Bless the LORD, O my soul.

My normal aches and pains are really aching and paining this morning.  I'm moving a little more slowly than I sometimes do.  In spite of that......Bless the LORD, O my soul.

I've been studying Daniel this morning, in preparation for leading our Life Group lesson this coming Sunday.  We're studying Daniel 9-12 this week.   Those are challenging chapters.  And the greater challenge for me is to adequately cover that material in the time that will be available.  As I study and pray and prepare......Bless the LORD, O my soul.

And as I am studying these chapters about the end times, the Red Alert on my phone continues to sound the alarm - again and again and again and again - as bombs are being dropped into Israel.  As I hear that alarm, and as my heart is burdened, and as I pray for Israel.......Bless the LORD, O my soul.

Indeed, in every circumstance of life, Bless the LORD, O my soul.


"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far a the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.  The steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him.  Bless the LORD, all his works, in all places of his dominion.  Bless the LORD, O my soul."  (Psalm 103:1-3, 8, 10-12, 22 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment