Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday Worship

It's a quiet morning.  Al is out of town and Molly has gone back to bed.  As I sit here enjoying the quiet (and another cup of coffee!), it's a good time for reflection.  For being still and getting refocused.

Here on this peaceful mountaintop this morning, I'm enjoying the quiet.  Watching the birds.  The blue sky.  The beautiful view.

There's a bit of a nip in the air this morning.  There's a cool breeze blowing. The calendar says July, but this weather is very un-July-like!  I've been told all my life that changes in weather and not being able to recognize the seasons are a sign of the return of Christ.  I'm not sure if that's actually true, since I haven't been able to find a Scripture passage which specifically says that.  If you know chapter and verse to prove that point, I'd love for you to share with me!

With all the turmoil that is going on in the world right now, it's really good to sit here and enjoy the quiet.  To reflect on all the ways my life is so blessed.

As I do that, I'm feeling grateful.  Giving thanks to the One who created the beauty in the world around me.  Giving thanks for my family.  For my friends.  For my church.

And I'm thinking about God.  About all He has done.  About who He is.  Thinking about His character and His ways.  Just being still and knowing that He is God (Psalm 46:10).

Worshiping.

"Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised."  (Psalm 48:1 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment