Monday, January 27, 2014

Special Blessings

It was a good weekend.  A weekend of interesting conversations.  Of making memories.

A couple of examples:

As we were waiting for Christopher's friends to arrive at the Brandon Ice Forum on Saturday afternoon for his laser tag birthday party, we watched some hockey.

Me:  "That looks like fun."
C:  "Yeah, but I'm not a very good skater."
Me:  "Well, if you practiced, you would probably get better."
C:  "Yeah, probably."

Yesterday afternoon as we were on our way out of Walmart, we started talking about peanuts (I have no idea why) and the conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Do you like peanuts?"
C:  "No."
Me:  "Is it just peanuts, or all nuts."
C:  "Pretty much all of them."
Me:  "Well, do you like watermelon?"
C:  "No."
Me:  "Do you like kumquats?"
C:  "No."
Me:  "Have you ever had a kumquat?"
C:  "No.  What's a kumquat?"

Good times.  I love, love, love making memories with my grandsons.  Since I don't see them nearly as often as I would like, every moment I get to spend with them is a special blessing.

And speaking of special blessings, I admit to having a wee bit of guilt as I'm feeling so thankful for the blessing of Florida sunshine and warm weather in January.  Particularly as I think of my friends in NC enduring ice and snow and frigid temperatures.  And even more as I think of my friends up in the tundra (also known as Minnesota) who are dealing with the kind of cold weather that makes me shiver just thinking about it.

I hope they are all staying warm.  I certainly am......sitting here enjoying palm trees and sunshine and warm weather.  And feeling so very thankful for these special blessings.  Warm weather and time with Christopher.  Could January be any better than that?

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;great is your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment