Monday, January 13, 2014

Home Sweet Home!

It's good to be home!  We returned on Friday afternoon from two absolutely amazing weeks in the Holy Land.  In fact, this may be my favorite of our trips there.  I'm still trying to process all that we saw and experienced.

It was good to get home.  To sleep in my own bed with my own pillow.  To have my own hair dryer.  To eat bacon!

We didn't bring home as many souvenirs this trip.  Maybe that's because we've been there before.  Maybe it's because we really loaded up on "stuff" last year.

But I did bring two significant "souvenirs" home with me.  A severe case of jet lag, and a really nasty cold.  And so the unpacking and the photo-posting and the blogging about the trip will have to wait a little while.  My brain just can't seem to get wrapped around anything right now.  I'm seeing a doctor later today (for a routine, unrelated matter), and I'm hoping she can help me get some relief.  I'm tired of coughing and sneezing.  I'm tired of not being able to hear.  Can you tell I don't do "sick" very well???!!!!

I'm looking forward to sharing with you about my experiences over the last two amazing weeks.  But that will have to wait just a little longer.

In the meantime, I'm making this my prayer for the week.  Perhaps you'd like to make it yours as well.

"Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.  I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.  For great is your steadfast love toward me."  (Psalm 86:11-13a ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment