Monday, May 14, 2012

Times of Refreshing

We all need those times, don't we?  Times of refreshing.  I love that phrase.....it comes from the Book of Acts.....and that's what I'm experiencing today.

These past few weeks have been challenging, wearying weeks.  But yesterday we left those circumstances behind for a couple of days, and we're spending a couple of days with our younger son and his family.

Today, everybody has gone to work or to school.  Everybody but me.  I'm spending a lovely quiet day home alone.......just me and the dogs! 

I slept late.  I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and some extra coffee.  I caught up with e-mail.  I'm listening to the rain.  I had a long, uninterrupted time reading my Bible.  I have had time to ponder some of the truths I read.  I'm really enjoying this quiet time. I'm feeling refreshed.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody later today when they get home from school and from work.  I'll enjoy hearing about their day.  I'm thinking we may miss baseball practice this afternoon if this rain continues.  That will give extra time for just being together!  Either way, I know I'll enjoy the evening.

But right now, I'm enjoying the quiet.  The sound of rain.  The extra cup of coffee.  The time of refreshing.


"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."  (Acts 3:19 NASB)

2 comments:

  1. Another great post! May I use this with my Premier Girls Thursday night? We are on the "Refreshing" portion of the study. Jesus is the great Refresher! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete