Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Celebrating a Milestone

Today is a big day!  We're celebrating a milestone.  One of our grandsons is graduating from kindergarten.

It hardly seems possible that this day has come already.  It seems like just yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time.  Now he's such a "big boy"......growing taller and stronger, loving baseball and chicken nuggets and all sorts of other "little boy things".  Loving his family and friends.  And loving Jesus!

We'll celebrate at school this evening as we watch boys and girls in caps and gowns cross a stage and receive a kindergarten "diploma".  The celebration will continue later with cake and presents.

Through it all I'll be remembering other significant events - milestones - in the lives of my sons and my grandsons.  And in my heart I'll be celebrating not just this milestone, but celebrating a faithful Heavenly Father who has blessed my life with these special blessings.  I'll be giving thanks for the joy and blessing of motherhood, and for the privilege and responsibility of being part of their lives.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."  (Proverbs 22:6 NASB)

"O God, You have taught me from my youth, and I still declare Your wondrous deeds.  And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who -are to come."  (Psalm 71:17-18 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment