Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Day at the Beach

I'm back home in the mountains after a wonderful trip to Florida......good times, family fun, memories made!  One favorite memory that I'm reflecting back on this morning is a day at the beach.

It was a perfect beach day.  Warm, but not too hot.  A gentle breeze was blowing.  I sat in my comfy beach chair taking in the sights and sounds.  A beautiful blue sky with not a cloud in sight.  Pristine white sand.  The blue-green water of the Gulf of Mexico.  It was an absolutely spectacular day!  As I enjoyed all the sights and sounds of the beach, I could not help but pause to give thanks to God for the beauty of the world He created!

The beach is also a great place for people-watching!  And people-watch I did!!  I saw all shapes and sizes.  Tall and short.  Thin and round.  Young and old.  Varieties of hair colors and skin colors.  And I found myself completely in awe of the creativity of our God!  We all are basically the same.....arms, legs, head, torso.  But beyond that, the variety is infinite.  What an amazing God!!

"It was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb.  I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made."  (Psalm 139:13-14 HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment