Thursday, November 4, 2010

Squinting in a Fog

It's really foggy here on our mountain this morning.......creepy, gloomy fog.  I would post a picture to show you what I mean, but it would just be a square of gray!  There are some oak and hickory trees about 10 feet in front of our porch, and I can barely see them.  Nothing beyond that is visible.....absolutely nothing! 

I know that there is a beautiful view out there, but I can't see it.  There are still some beautiful gold leaves on the trees just down the hill, but I can't see them.  Looking over toward Tennessee, there are seven mountain ranges, but I can't see them.

It all reminds me of a passage in 1 Corinthians 13 about peering now through a glass dimly, but someday seeing clearly.  In The Message Bible it reads this way:

"We don't yet see things clearly.  We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist.  But it won't be long before the sun shines bright!  We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us."

And that's what all this fog has me thinking about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment