Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Overwhelmed

We had such a wonderful time of Bible study yesterday!  I love getting together with my sisters in Christ and digging deep into God's Word!  I know I'm repeating myself, but I am so thankful for that privilege.

Today as I sit with my Bible and my coffee and my colored pencils and my notebook, I'm thankful for teachers and mentors who have taught me not only the truths of God's Word, but who have taught me how to study the Word!  I'm especially thankful today for Kay Arthur and the staff at Precept Ministries and all they do to teach people to discover truth for themselves!  What a blessing!

  • I'm thankful for my neighbor Connie in Aurora, Colorado, who invited me to my first Precept class.
  • I'm thankful that first class was a study of the truths of Covenant in the Scriptures, for the understanding of God as a covenant-keeping God that I gained through that study.
  • I'm thankful that soon after we had moved from Colorado to Connecticut, a Precept Leader Training was scheduled in our town......that I was able to attend that training and gain greater understanding of the inductive method of Bible study.
  • I'm thankful for all the women who have studied with me over the years.
  • I'm thankful for churches who have given me the opportunity to lead women in Bible study.
  • I'm thankful.......and I can't say it enough.......for the written Word of God!  And thankful for the freedom we enjoy in this country to gather together to study!
So today, as I prepare to study......to do my "homework"......I am feeling overwhelmed!  Feeling so blessed by the goodness of God, by love for Him and His Word!  Overwhelmed.....that's the only word I can think of to describe how I'm feeling this morning.  Overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment