Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What I Learned Today

I've been giving a lot of thought to sheep over the last couple of days.  I've been realizing just how much like a sheep I really am!  It's no wonder we as humans are compared in Scripture to sheep!  That God gives us this word picture to describe who He is and who we really are.  On the one hand it's hard for me to just admit that I'm that dumb.......but on the other hand, when I'm really honest with myself, I have to admit that I am!  I do really foolish things.  I make mistakes.  I don't always learn from those mistakes.  I need "looking after"!!  What about you?  Are you as thankful as I am to be able to say "the LORD is my Shepherd"?!

Today we're going to look at a number of Scriptures and see what we can learn about our Shepherd and the provision He makes for us.  Remember that yesterday we learned four basic needs of sheep.....to be free from hunger, free from fear, free from friction, free from pests.  Examine each of these passages to see what you can learn and how it applies specifically to you. Which of the four basic fears is the passage referring to? How do you need to reorder your attitudes, your thoughts, your behaviors to line up with what the passage is teaching you?  I have been challenged and blessed by these Scriptures, and I'm praying you will be too!
  • 1 Peter 2:2
  • Hebrews 5:13-14
  • 2 Timothy 3:16-17
  • 1 John 4:16-18
  • 2 Timothy 1:7
  • Psalm 56:3-4
  • Matthew 5:23-24
  • Philippins 2:3-8
  • 2 Corinthinas 10:3-5
  • Philippians 4:6-9
As we think about what it means for us that the Lord is our Shepherd, think about this.  This is really the bottom line, the end result of knowing Jehovah-Raah........

"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."  (Psalm 23:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment