Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some Final Thoughts About Sheep

Webster defines a sheep as "a timid and defenseless creature".   Sheep are unintelligent (dumb!!).  They don't learn from mistakes.  They often repeat mistakes.  They tend to wander and go astray.  They are sometimes unable to find their way home to the sheepfold even when it's within sight.  They are defenseless.....no quills like porcupines or claws like cats or scent like skunks.  They need meticulous care.  They can't take care of themselves.  They need a shepherd.  In fact, they are totally dependent on the shepherd.

Can you relate?  Is there any point in that description where you think.....that describes me perfectly?

Here's the question to ponder today.......what practical difference does it make to you - to me - to be able to say "The LORD is my Shepherd"?


From "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"


Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love,
Here's my heart. O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.







No comments:

Post a Comment