Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another Gray Day

It's another gray, gloomy day. Several days of gloom have passed since we last saw the sun. And I'm finding it hard to stay positive and upbeat when I'm surrounded by such grayness. The fog has settled in here on our mountain and looks as though it might never lift. Ugh!!!

But then I am reminded that if I never experienced some of this gloom, I would not really appreciate the beauty of those sunny days. I would probably just take them for granted. If I were never in the valley, I couldn't fully appreciate the view from the mountaintop. And as I look around, I am reminded of how many reasons I have for giving thanks.....even on a gloomy day. I'm in a warm, comfortable home with a good cup of coffee, a fire in the fireplace, good music, good books, my Bible......and on and on I could go! So, actually this is a very good morning. A little fog can't get me down :)


"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were not limitations to overcome. The hilltop would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse." - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment