Monday, August 31, 2009

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed! That's the only word that comes to mind right now.......I am feeling completely and absolutely overwhelmed. I have so much to do I can't even begin to know where to begin! There's all the "regular" around-the-house stuff......laundry, de-cluttering, dealing with the ever-present dust bunnies, need to empty and reload the dishwasher, need to do some grocery shopping, but that would mean making a list, etc, etc, etc! Then there's the other stuff.....cleaning out the closets and drawers, actually cleaning out the basement and getting rid of some of that junk instead of just talking about it, catching up with the filing that is piling up on my desk, etc, etc, etc. And of course there's the yet-to-be-completed cleaning out of all the drawers, closets, boxes of stuff in Daddy's house......although we made some progress on that this past weekend....along with the inevitable paperwork that goes with settling up someone's affairs and I have found several boxes of papers and newspaper clippings that will help tell the story of my grandparents and great-grandparents, but of course I need time to sit and read through all that. All that has to fit around dentist and doctor appointments and all the other busyness of life!! Whew! No wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed!


But I am also overwhelmed in another sense.....in the sense of absolute awe at the love of God and His grace toward me. It is certainly true that I have done nothing to deserve that. Just the opposite, in fact. I have lost my temper more times than I care to admit to, particularly recently (I guess it goes with being tired and overwhelmed in the sense of the previous paragraph!). I make stupid choices, again more often than I really want to admit. I have been sarcastic and unkind and impatient and judgmental. I could go on and on......yet in spite of all this, God loves me and has extended His grace toward me. In spite of my inadequacies and shortcomings - and they are many - He loves me and His grace is sufficient for every circumstance of my life! As we sang in church yesterday.....He is my strength when I am weak, He is the treasure that I seek, He is my all in all.



I'm overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment