Saturday, January 12, 2013

Remembering Rick

I don't remember exactly when I first met Rick Stilwell.  I remember him as part of the youth group at church.  I remember him a few years later as part of the college and career ministry we were privileged to lead.  And not only did we go to church together, for a time we were neighbors, when we lived across the street from the Stilwell family.

We didn't often see each other in person any more.....only occasionally....but we kept in touch through Facebook.  I loved seeing his pictures, particularly those of his family.  I loved how often he took pictures of the food he was about to eat.  That's one thing we had in common.....a love of good food.  And of coffee!  I loved reading his (sometimes quirky) posts.  I loved that he could disagree without being disagreeable.

So I, along with so many others, was shocked and saddened yesterday to learn that he had passed from this life into the next.  It's really hard to wrap my head and heart around someone so young (44) being gone so soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through right now.  How shattered they must feel.  My heart is breaking for them.

At the same time, I find myself wondering what Rick must be doing right now.  What it must have been like for him when he met his Savior face to face.  I can only imagine.
 
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me

I can only imagine..........
 
(Bart Millard)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment