Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The View Out The Window

It's raining this morning, and for that I am so very thankful!  And it's quite a windy morning.  Most of the trees here are dressed in their beautiful fall colors, but the wind is blowing those red and gold leaves all over the place.  Some of the leaves just turn brown.  Brown leaves on their own are not all that attractive, but when you see all the colors together, it's quite a sight to behold!

We were out of town for a few days, and apparently it was quite windy while we were gone.  There are a lot of leaves on the ground.  Our carport, which is really more like our "back door wind tunnel", is covered in leaves.  We had a tarp neatly folded and placed with some other things under the front porch.  I say "had", because it is now halfway up the driveway!  I guess I need to go retrieve it, or who knows where it will end up!

But I think the most distinctive feature of this morning is the fog.  In spite of the wind, there's a very thick fog hanging over the mountains today.  I'm missing out on some of the fall colors because the view of the valley below and the mountains across the way is obstructed by that thick fog.  And that brings to mind a verse from Paul's first letter to the Corinthian church.......

"For now we see through a glass dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known."  (I Corinthians 13:12)

And that's what I'm thinking about this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment