Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some Things I Just Don't Understand

What a wide open topic!  Wouldn't you agree that there are more things in this life that we don't  understand than that we do

Let's just start with this one.  A few days ago I placed a product order for my Mary Kay business.  The distribution center that services my area is in the Atlanta area.  Last night I checked the status of my order and discovered that it was in a UPS service center in Secausus, New Jersey!!  Really?  Can anybody explain to me why a package is delivered to a UPS facility in Atlanta, Georgia (which, by the way, is a state right next door to the state where I live!!), and that same package must travel all the way to New Jersey before then being driven back to North Carolina for delivery?  Does this make sense to anybody?  I think I may have the most traveled cleansers and mascaras of anybody you know!  They have toured the East Coast before coming to me!!

I don't understand why onions make people cry.  I don't understand how a major network can leave out part of the Pledge of Allegiance and then expect that people will actually believe it was accidental.  I don't understand why anybody ever thought tube socks were a good idea!  I don't understand weeds.

I hate weeds!  They make me crazy!  Why do they even exist?  OK, I guess I really know the answer to that one.  The answer can be found back in Genesis chapter 3.  But weeds still make me crazy!  Here on this mountain it's a struggle to have grass or flowers.  Not impossible, but a struggle.  And forget about trying to grow a vegetable in this ground! Our "garden" is planted in Earth Boxes (basically a planter on wheels).  But the weeds flourish!

As an example, we recently had some additional gravel put down on our driveway.  A really thick layer of gravel was laid down on top of the gravel that was already there.  Once the guys finished, the driveway looked great!  I should have taken a picture.  Because the very next day, there they were.......weeds!  Growing right through all that rock.  And not one or two little weeds scattered here and there.  No......an entire "weed patch" growing at the end of the driveway.  Can somebody explain that to me?  How did all those weeds get through all that rock overnight?  Good grief!

I could go on and on.  But I have weeds to pull!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment