Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Morning Mundaneness

It's Monday morning of the week after.  After a full, fun week.  Family.  Shopping.  Eating.  Laughing.  Eating some more.  Laughing some more.  Well, you get the idea.

And so here we are.  Monday again.  And a rainy Monday at that.  I've been humming that song this morning.....you know the one.......rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

A rainy Monday is enough to get me into a funk.  But a rainy Monday with no grandchildren to hug or giggle with.  Now that is a recipe for serious trouble.  I'm really trying to stay focused on positive things.  I'm getting back into my routines, and that's a good thing for someone as OCD as I am.  But I confess that I'm moving slowly this morning, mentally and physically.

I'm back to routine Monday mundaneness today........laundry, decluttering, cleaning.  I need to go grocery shopping.  I really hate doing that on rainy days!  But it must be done.  And so I'm pausing - again - for an attitude adjustment.  Time to refocus.  To fix my attention not on the mundane tasks at hand (and my lack of enthusiasm for them!) but on the One who deserves all my attention, all my focus, all my praise!

"Bless the Lord, o my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name."  (Psalm 103:1)

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord  rather than for men." (Colossians 3:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment