Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Attitude Adjustment

It has been a LONG time since we spent some time together!  We had a wonderful time in Israel.....I just haven't been able to find words to express how absolutely awesome it was!!  After our return from Israel, there was Christmas and a house full of family........good times!  And there has been the snow!  I must admit that all this snow has had an adverse effect on my attitude!!!  The snow began while we were in Israel; then we had heavy snow over Christmas (measured in FEET!!).  That snow had partially melted when the next round began......and on and on it goes.....you get the picture!  I have not been doing well with this!!!

So I think it's time to stop focusing on what I CAN'T control (the weather!) and return to focusing on what I CAN control (my attitude!).  Now, in the interest of full disclosure, let me admit that I have also taken some degree of control over my location and am now in the Sunshine State spending time with family and friends!  No snow here:)  But back to my "resolution" to adjust my attitude.  This is, I believe, really a matter of choice.......an act of the will.  I CHOOSE to adjust my attitude.  I CHOOSE to realize that no matter where I am, what the weather is, what the circumstances happen to be......life is not about me.  I CHOOSE to fix my eyes, focus my attention elsewhere.

And so I'm excited.......I'm excited to be returning to this blog and our study time together.  I'm excited about what God will teach us as we spend this time focused on His Word.  I'm excited about what God is already teaching me as I CHOOSE to adjust my thinking.  And I am CONFIDENT that my attitude will improve as I stop focusing on things that are out of my control and focus on what really matters!!!!

"fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  (Hebrews 12:2  NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment