Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Influence

A big college football game was played on Monday night. Congratulations to the Clemson Tigers on their decisive victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.


While I am not a Clemson fan, I am a fan of Clemson head coach Dabo Sweeny. These quotes from his interview following Monday night's game explain why I think so highly of Coach Sweeny


"It's a blessing, and it's just simply the grace of the good Lord to allow us to experience something like this."


"All the glory goes to the good Lord."


Dabo Sweeny is not ashamed to speak boldly about his faith. I love that. And I'm challenged by that.


You and I don't have the kind of platform that Coach Sweeny has. Most of us are not surrounded by media hanging on our every word. Most of us aren't that famous. Most of us don't have the opportunity to influence that many people.


But each of us does have a platform. A place of influence. Everywhere we go, day after day, people are watching and listening.


How are we - you and I - using our influence? Are we pointing people to Jesus?


Something to think about.


"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16 NASB)


"I will be accountable to God for this: what did I do with all those kids he gave me? What did I do to build His kingdom?" - Dabo Sweeny





No comments:

Post a Comment