Saturday, October 13, 2018

Now Is The Time.

Back in the day, before computers and I-pads and smart phones, we had typewriters.  And if, like I am, you are old enough to have actually used such a device, and if you ever took a typing class, then you likely also remember this sentence: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. That sentence was often used to test speed and accuracy on the dreaded typing test.

Typing tests aside, there's a message for us in that sentence. Our country is in a mess. We are broken and we need to be fixed. And now is the time.

What is the solution? How do we fix this mess?

I submit to you that the solution is not found in the Congress. Not in the White House or the State House. Not in the Democrat party or the Republican party. It is not found with the Libertarians or the Tea Party or the Green Party or in any other political institution.

The solution to our problems is the same as it has always been. It is found in these words that the Lord spoke to Solomon:

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV)

And now is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment