Monday, June 4, 2018

Welcome to June!

This month is starting out to be a very busy month, so I'm a few days late saying welcome to June. In fact, it's hard to believe its June already! Where does the time go?

I'm happy to welcome June; it's a month I look forward to each year.

This is a month of celebrations in our family. Toward the end of the month we will celebrate a son's birthday. Before that, we will celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary. In between, we will celebrate Father's Day. I love a good celebration, don't you?

June is also the month for our annual family vacation. Some years we head to the beach, and some years we head to the mountains, as we will be doing in a few weeks. Whether beach or mountains or somewhere else, this is a week I look forward to every year. All of us together in one place. It doesn't happen nearly often enough to suit me, so I'm excited to turn the page on the calendar and begin the countdown!

June marks the beginning of summer. Even for those of us who no longer mark time by the day school is out for summer, June is a time to look forward to a slower pace of life for a few months. Peaches and watermelon. Sunshine and supper on the porch. Flowers blooming and birds singing. All the simple joys of summer. One blessing after another.

According to the calendar, summer doesn't officially begin for about three more weeks, but in my mind, it's already here.

Welcome to June! Welcome to summer!


"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another." 
(John 1:16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment