Monday, June 18, 2018

Today I Will.....

Do you ever feel as though the world has gone crazy? 

We have just come through a primary election season here in South Carolina, listening to the never-ending blah blah blah that seems to be part of politics in this country these days. And it isn't over yet, because some races are yet to be decided, so there will be more campaign commercials filling the airwaves until those races are settled in a couple of weeks. And then it goes on until the general election in November.

Besides state politics, we are inundated daily with the vitriol that is national politics in this country. Regardless of which side of the aisle you are on, surely the one thing we can agree on is that there is anger and frustration and disagreement abounding on all sides.

Put all that on top of the stress and frustration that often characterize daily living, and it's all a bit more than we think we can deal with. I don't know about you, but in my stroke-recovery-world, all the stress and arguing and noise pollution of life cause me some stress.

So today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustrations of daily living, I will remember:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you. (Isaiah 26:3 ESV)

The word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.  (Psalm 18:30 ESV)

You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.  (Psalm 3:3 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustrations of daily living, I will trust:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26:4 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration of daily living, I will give thanks:

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! 
(1 Chronicles 16:34 ESV)

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  (Psalm 9:1 ESV)

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration of daily living, I will not be afraid.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore, we will not fear." 
(Psalm 46:1-2a ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration of daily living, I will praise God!

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Oh, magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt his name together.  (Psalm 34:1,3 ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment