Monday, April 30, 2018

Your Password Is Incorrect

We live in a world that requires a password for everything. Access to your smart-phone. Or to Facebook. Or to Twitter. Or to online banking. Or online shopping. Or to retrieve your voice mail. There's a password for everything.

Have you ever forgotten a password? Oh, the frustration! And if you forgot the password and you also forgot the answers to the security questions that would help you retrieve and reset the password........

It's a nightmare. 

I recently got a new cell phone, so I've been dealing with the password issue as I try to get all my apps moved over to the new phone. We dealt with this in a major way when I had my stroke and my family members were trying to get into my phone. Apparently, that was the one password I had not written down in my book. They tried numerous combinations, but to no avail. The end result was that I was locked out of the phone. At that point in my life, it didn't really matter, but once I was ready to use the phone again, getting back into that phone was a nightmare!

All that frustration reminds me once again how thankful I am that, when it comes time for me to enter Heaven, I won't need some combination of letters and numbers and special characters.

Because Jesus paid it all, and because I am in a personal relationship with Him, there is no other password needed. I will enter Heaven, as the old gospel hymn said, in the merits of Jesus who for sinners bled and died. 

No other password needed. Thank You, Lord!

"Christ died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit."
(1 Peter 3:18 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment