Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Blessing upon Blessing. A Thankful Tuesday Post.

When I was a child, I often heard my parents say that time passes more quickly as you get older. At the time, I thought that was just silly. But now that I'm older, I realize they were right, as they were about so many things I didn't understand when I was younger. I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that we are already a week into the month of November. Where does the time go?


I love the month of November. This is the month it finally begins to feel a little cooler here in South Carolina. The holiday season is beginning, with thoughts of Thanksgiving and Christmas and family gatherings. And November is often celebrated on Facebook with daily lists of reasons to be thankful.
(Apparently we aren't all that thankful during the other months, but that's a thought for another day.)


November puts us in a thankful frame of mind, doesn't it? And whether or not we post our lists on social media, it's a good time to slow down a bit, to stop and reflect on all the reasons we have to be thankful. Whether you have a fancy journal, or a notebook, or you use some electronic means, making a list - writing things down - helps us to focus. To remember. To give thanks.


Here are a few of the things on my list this morning:
  • Another day of life. My stroke last hear reminded me that every day is a gift!
  • My family
  • My new church family
  • Coffee!
  • My husband making breakfast this morning
  • The weekend we had with our family
  • Christopher recovering well
  • Anticipation of more family time in a couple of weeks.
  • Good health
  • Friends
And the list goes on.


So many reasons for giving thanks. One blessing after another. Blessing upon blessing. My heart is overflowing!


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all of his benefits."  (Psalm 103:1-2 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment