Monday, March 13, 2017

Prone to Complain

I hate the time change.

There. I said it.

Even in my pre-stroke, didn't need nearly so much sleep, days. I don't understand the point of Daylight-Savings Time. We aren't saving any time. There are still only 24 hours in a day. What's the point of all this anyway?

So I find myself singing Prone to complain, Lord, I feel it........

And I suspect I may not be the only one.

Add to the time change the fact that we have been suddenly jerked back into Winter (it's 24 degrees as I am typing this post), I'm feeling a little out of sorts. Which has turned me into a bit of a whiner. Which means I need to redirect my thinking. Turn my thoughts in a different direction.

That happens to all of us from time to time, wouldn't you agree? It's really easy to focus on the things that annoy us, the things that frustrate us, the things that have us out of sorts. Things like the time change, or any number of other things.

But I'm tired of being out of sorts. I don't want to be cranky. So I'm choosing to redirect my thinking. 

I can't control the time change. But I can choose not to let it control me.

Today, I choose joy. I choose praise. I choose worship.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name."
(Psalm 103:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment