Thursday, November 19, 2015

Limited Visibility

It's a very foggy morning.  Last night's heavy rains have stopped, and we are left with this lingering gray mist.  As a result, visibility is very limited.

 
 
It reminds me of the view from the front porch when we lived in the mountains.  There were a number of mornings like this one when we lived there.  The beauty of the view was obscured by the fog.  Visibility was limited.
 
 
 
I had an appointment with the eye doctor on Tuesday.  It was time for my annual eye exam, and was my first visit with my new eye doctor here in Spartanburg.  Several years ago I had cataract surgery, and for a time following that surgery, my vision was much improved.  However, as is usually the case, during the first year following the surgery, the lenses clouded up a bit, which meant that a laser procedure was done to clear up the cloudiness.  The left eye improved immediately, but the right eye never did.
 
When I told the previous eye doctor that vision had not improved in my right eye, his response was "don't worry about it; it will clear up", or words to that effect.  For the past three years, I have been very frustrated by my limited vision in my right eye, because, in spite of what the eye doctor said, it has not gotten better.
 
On Tuesday, I explained all this to Dr. Martin.  He called in Dr. Francis, the ophthalmologist in the office next door, to get his opinion.  I explained to them that it feels as though there is a film over might right eye.  His response:  That's because there is!
 
Finally somebody listened to me!  And finally something will be done about the limited vision in my right eye!  On November 30, I will have another laser procedure done, and hopefully after that, my right eye will be clear again.
 
And that will make me very happy indeed!
 
 
"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face." (1 Corinthians 13:12a NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment