Monday, February 20, 2012

It's the Little Things

I'm back home again after two weeks in Florida.  It's a cold, beautiful morning here with a dusting of snow on the ground......quite different from what I have experienced over the last couple of weeks!!  As I'm going about my morning tasks, including conquering a mountain of laundry, I'm reflecting with gratitude on my experiences of the last two weeks.

Some of the things I'm grateful for this morning:
  • family time with Brian, Emily and Christopher.
  • that really big Christopher hug when we picked him up from school.
  • fresh strawberries straight from the strawberry patch.
  • strawberry milkshakes.
  • reconnecting with friends I haven't seen for a while.
  • sunshine and warm temperatures.
  • relaxing by the pool with a good book.
  • strawberries from the Ghiaradelli store on Valentine's Day.
  • a good visit with Al's parents.
  • a dear friend who took care of Molly so I could travel with Al.
  • a great day of worship and fellowship at FBS yesterday.
  • a safe trip home last night.
But......and don't laugh.....one of the things I'm most grateful for this morning is a good night's sleep last night.  With my own pillow.  We stayed in some really nice hotels.  But they did not have great pillows!  I missed my pillow!!  A lot!!  So this morning, I'm really grateful to be reunited with that pillow.  Smile.  Contented sigh.

It's the little things, isn't it??!!

What "little things" are you grateful for this morning?

"In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
                                              (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment