Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Fresh Start

The holidays are behind us.  2011 is but a memory.  Our "staycation" is over.  And so it's time to move on!  Even though it's Tuesday, for practical purposes, it's a new week.  We're in a new month.  A new year.  So.......time to get with it!! 

I love the holidays.  I really do.  I love the decorations.  And the music.  And the extra time with family and friends.  And the food.  The food!!  I think I may have loved a little too much of it this year!

But I also love getting back to "normal".  Back to a routine.  And I love the "clean slate" that is a new year.  I love that, no matter how miserably I may have failed at the goals I set for last year or how much I wish I had done some things differently, I get to start fresh.

And so today, as Al gets back to work and I get back to my normal routines, I'm thankful for the fresh start.  I loved these last two weeks when he was on vacation from his job.  I loved the spontaneous day trips and the extra time together and watching movies and sleeping in and going out to breakfast and all the fun things we did......and the times we just did nothing!  But now I'm ready to get back to "normal"!

I'm looking forward to this new year.  I'm excited about what lies ahead.  And I'm filled with a sense of anticipation as I watch and wait for whatever God has in store for us this year!

"Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."                (Philippians 4:12b-13 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment