Monday, December 7, 2009

Counting Down

This is the time of year when we are bombarded with "____shopping days until Christmas" or when we count down the days until family arrives or we're counting down the days, not so much for shopping, but for celebrating Christmas.

I'm in a countdown of a different sort......8 days until surgery! This will be a busy week, with a pre-op appointment, some last-minute cleaning and organizing to make things easier for Al (and ultimately for me, so that I won't stress over the details as I am sometimes prone to do!), some grocery shopping, a manicure and pedicure (the last pedicure for a while!), two extra choir rehearsals in preparation for next Sunday's Christmas program....Whew!! I'm tired just thinking about it all. It will likely be no problem at all for me to sleep through the surgery :)

I've also been organizing my reading materials and Bible study materials.....getting my paper and pencils in a readily accessible place, as well as organizing the books by category....biographies, non-fiction, political thrillers, "fluff". I know, I'm a compulsive organizer!

And I'm looking forward to next week. Not so much to the actual surgery, but to the day when the pain is gone and I can walk like a "regular person". People who walk without pain take so much for granted!! And I'm actually looking forward to the recovery period......the time of sitting, and reading, and studying, and hearing what God has to say. Looking forward to the time of forced inactivity, a time to "be still and know that I am God". It is my prayer that the surgery goes well, that the recovery will be complete and that the surgery accomplishes what it is intended to do. Even more, it is my prayer that I will use this time of sitting wisely, and that I will cooperate with God so that He can accomplish in me what He intends during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment